Thursday, September 8, 2011

There was a FLASH of light! ; )

Living in the Blue Ridge we have some pretty severe thunder storms that produce high winds and lightning that can make the darkest night look like day.  The night sky can be such a wonder with the dark velvety blue colliding with ribbons of white.  As the lightning comes closer the brightness only intensifies.

Tuesday night was a bit different; cloudy overhead making the night pitch black.  I have a back deck light that pretty much covers the deck, but as you get to the steps its a guessing game as to which step you're taking, so I know to be careful.  Add a rambunctious beagle that has grown ten times the size we thought she would when we adopted her from our local shelter, and a woman that is blind as a bat at night and still trying to regain her strength; not too good of a mix!  Lol!

So, you guessed it; I landed right on my head on top of a concrete slab.  The amazing thing was that when I hit the bottom, I saw the brightest white flash of light I had ever seen.  I had to laugh as I tried to sit up with my beagle still tugging to get to the grass from her leash that I held in spite of my tumble.  I thought how much like a computer screen my head was; when scrambled, it went blank!  Lol!

After several hours, a CT Scan and a few X-rays, I am happy to say that there are no broken bones.  There are however, several bruises and a splitting headache.  So if I don't make it around to all the usual sites for a few days, I'm sorry and I do miss socializing with you all.  Like my computer, I hope to be up and running soon!  ; )

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you're feeling much better now.

    Dropping by as a fewllow campaigner.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claire, yes I am feeling better now. ; )

    ReplyDelete