Saturday, March 10, 2012

Seaside Escape

Although I love the Blue Ridge Mountains, I would have to say that Ocracoke Island, NC is definitely my second favorite place in all of America (tying with Hawaii).  At this time of year, it was a sleepy little town that was just beginning to open up shops and restaurants.

 We enjoyed eating at the Dajio and also the Pony Island.  Our favorite shops were the Mermaid's Folly (of course), the Pirate's Chest, and had to make a stop at the Surf Shop.  Will there be a surfer in my sequel???


 We stayed at the Lightkeeper's Guest House and have to thank Ruth Fordon once again, for opening up early.  My husband and I felt as though we were on a second honeymoon.  Our first was spent at Carmel, California.  There are so many similarities for us; the kindness of the people, the gourmet foods & lovely shops, not to mention the beautiful seaside.

We hated to leave, but home we are.  Now we have lovely memories to keep us warm!

I hope some of you check it out!  ; )

3 comments: