Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A THANKFUL HEART ~ Why I took off a year from writing


Last Fall I became very ill with bronchitis, which became acute bronchitis. By Winter I had pneumonia and was eventually put in the hospital and given a diagnosis of congestive heart failure.

I was told I had a beating heart of 20% and went for a heart catheterization.

When I met the heart Dr. who would be doing the procedure, he asked if he could pray with me.  I said yes because I know all things are possible with God.

We prayed and I was so blessed he had.  When we began the procedure he smiled and told me I had 0% cholesterol or blockages.

I knew that was God, nothing I had done.  I could barely even walk at that time, let alone breathe.

The Dr. told me now I had to become stronger so my heart could catch up.

As hard as it was I knew I had to stop writing until I could get well.  I did however continue to read/edit, read/edit, etc.

For some that might seem silly, but for me I put myself completely into my characters minds and situations which is pretty much exhausting like running a few miles, not to mention the research.

I began light exercise again, walking more, but mostly taking time to rest.  I also made it a point to spend all the time I could with my family.

My mom, stepdad and even my oldest daughter came out from California to spend Easter with me.

A few months later my Dr. appointment showed an increase to my heart to 40% of a beating heart.

My last echo cardiogram showed a strong heart with over 55% of a beating heart which is in the 55-75% normal range.

Yes I believe I received a miracle that day even if I had to put in the effort to help. God doesn't always heal us instantly and most importantly we have to receive the healing in faith.

I plan to resume writing Legend of the Mer IV in January.  Thank you to my fans who have been so patient with me.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  There's always something to be thankful for.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad things turned out well. Take care and take it easy, one day at a time. Best of luck with your writing when you get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth. I have & am now feeling better than I have in years. Now I'm back at it 😉

    ReplyDelete