Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Why I love being an Indie Author

MY BOOKS

Legend of the Mer series




The Hart of Telendaria
An Elven Love Story


The reason I became an Indie Author was because I had always been an Indie Writer although I must say it was mostly in my mind since childhood.

Though I tried to publish traditionally that path was closed for me.

I began to realize just as a painter has to paint, a writer has to write.

I saw myself as an artist in my own right and began to publish as an Indie Author.

Although a shy person, I began to realize how the world had changed to allow me to express myself from behind a keyboard, lol.

I love the freedom to write my fantasy stories the way I see them.  I've heard so many different views on the proper way to write.

Bottom line, I love being able to tell and show.  I love being able to give points of view not only from my main character, but also minors as well.

I love speeding up within my story where I might think it boring to my readers and I love slowing down when I have something I think they'll like.

I'm not the big *W* kind of writer where the plot has to be laid out a certain way.

I write what comes to me, some might say a *seat of a pants* sort of writer, but I love it being real and authentic.

I do research for my writing, but only as it pertains to what I'm writing about, however, most of my writing is fantasy of my mind and the research confirms what I'm writing about.

I love the freedom of not doing a lot of book signings, again public speaking is not easy for me and my husband will usually join me.

I'm thankful to be allowed to write my stories and publish them for my grandchildren to read one day as a way to know me if I'm not around.

My beloved grandmother died when my children were little, thankfully we do have some home video for them to know and remember her.

After you've had cancer you pretty much keep your affairs in order and think of the future a little more.

All in all I love being an Indie Author for many reasons.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment