Friday, May 6, 2016

WRITERS ARE LIKE ACTORS

"Writers are like Actors
in the sense we tap into
the emotions of our
characters as we write."
- Sheri L. Swift

I realized this the other day when I had to write a scene in which my 17 year old character had to tell his parents he wasn't coming home.

Then I had to tap into the emotions of his mother as she realized that no matter how much she pleaded it wouldn't bring him home.

Next I had to tap into the emotions of his father as he accepted his sons decision.

Whew!  That drained me.  I wasn't even very pleasant to be around my husband that day, let alone anyone else.  Lol!

Sometimes its hard to get into the mind of your character, but its so important for the reader to understand what they're going through.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment