Friday, July 22, 2011

When Your Granddaughter Is Born

I had the pleasure of meeting my new granddaughter yesterday.  She is such a tiny thing that I can't help but call her Sweet Pea.  What a God moment it is to see one of your babies having a baby.  When you have a child of your own it is such a wonder, but it is so amazing how the blessing continues to be birthed.  Just when you think that the future is starting to look a little bleak, God allows another soul to be born and hope is renewed.  You can't help but sense the Holiness of God and remember that Jesus himself came as such a little one.

Just before I left to go home, I leaned down closely to Sweet Pea and told her that she was her Granny's precious baby girl and she beamed a bright smile.  I've heard it said that it's just gas at that age.  Lol!  But, somehow I think she knew that she would steal her Granny's heart just as her mother did with her smile so long ago.

I love you Sweet Pea and am looking forward to what the future holds for us and to having you along on this beautiful journey!  : )

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sheri. Looks like God is paying you back with boys AND girls. Enjoy this new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charity, yes He surely has! My Cup runneth over! ; )

    ReplyDelete